Job Title: Cook (Full-Time)
Isaiah House is looking for enthusiastic and skilled cooks to join our team in providing delicious and nutritious meals to our residents. We are currently seeking full-time cooks who are passionate about food and committed to making a positive impact in the lives of others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Menu planning.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Meal preparation for the following day
- Submit to the Operations Director list of food/supply items needed to be purchased in order to “cover” planned menus and to assure we have necessary items needed. Keep inventory of all food.
- Keep records of menus and food purchased.
- Unload and store the food supply once it is delivered.
- Keep inside and outside of oven clean as well as deep fryer
- Maintain clean kitchen, dishes and workspace
- Serve resident during meals when needed
- Ensure that kitchen staff maintains quality standards
- Find creative use of downtime
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays
- Be flexible for a wide range of tasks from the routine and predictable to the unique and unexpected.
- ServSafe Certification
- Be well organized, highly motivated, and capable of setting limits and priorities. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work well with clients from a variety of economic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Alternating Work Week: Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM & Monday-Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 6PM
- Salary $16.00-$18.00 an hour
- Job Order : SC01F