Returning Citizens Specialist
The Returning Citizens Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing programs designed to help individuals who have been released from prison or jail reintegrate into society. The Returning Citizens Specialist shall report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement reentry programs and services, including job training, education, substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and other support services as needed
- Conduct assessments of individuals to determine their needs and develop individualized reentry plans
- Work closely with community partners to provide a seamless network of support services to individuals
- Provide counseling and support services to help individuals navigate the challenges of reentry
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers to create job opportunities for individuals
- Monitor and track progress of individuals in the program and adjust services as needed to ensure success
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all program activities • Stay up-to-date on best practices and emerging trends in reentry programs and services
- Working closely with team of professionals to assess the needs of each individual and provide a range of support services to help them successfully reintegrate into their communities.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by people reentering society after incarceration and be able to develop effective programs to address these challenges
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to travel to various locations to attend meetings or events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance and punctuality expected
- Be flexible for a wide range of tasks from the routine and predictable to the unique and unexpected
These duties and responsibilities are subject to change as deemed appropriate and necessary by senior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in reentry services or related field • Strong knowledge of the criminal justice system and the challenges faced by individuals reentering society
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to establish partnerships with community organizations and employers
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work. The individual may be required to travel to various locations to attend meetings or events. The Returning Citizens Specialist will play a critical role in helping individuals successfully reintegrate into their communities after incarceration. The Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the challenges faced by people reentering society after incarceration and will be
passionate about making a positive impact on their lives.
- Monday–Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Salary: $48k – $55K
Job Order : PRS14