Posted 4 weeks ago
Job Title: Bookkeeper (Part Time)
Isaiah House is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Bookkeeper to join our team. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for handling all of the day-to-day financial transactions within the agency, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
- Manage and pay bills in a timely manner
- Process checks as needed
- Create invoices for The Department of Child Protection and Permanency
- Handle all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and assemble information for annual audits and work directly with external agency accountants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Meet with vendors to discuss contracts
- Prepare banking deposits and ensure checks are deposited into the correct financial institution
- Demonstrate flexibility in performing a wide range of financial tasks, from routine to unique and unexpected
- Show sensitivity to the issues and concerns of the population served by the agency
- Be willing to assist others as needed
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting and Quickbooks
- Experience working with local, state, and/or federal grants
- Associate degree or higher in accounting or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Grant management experience a plus
Please note that these duties and responsibilities are subject to change as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Executive Director.
Join our passionate team and make a meaningful difference by helping to build a development program that will transform the lives of Essex County’s most vulnerable families.
- Flexible 20 to 30 hours a week on site
- Salary:$20-$25 an hour
Job Order : BK01S