Job Title: Development Associate / Fundraising (Full Time)
Organization: Isaiah House
Location: East Orange, NJ
Are you passionate about making a difference and ready to play a pivotal role in building a development program? Isaiah House is seeking a dynamic and skilled Development Associate to join our growing team! As a key member of our Development and Fundraising team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Director, Isaiah House staff, and Board of Directors to shape and execute annual fundraising and communication plans that create lasting impact.
- Database Management: Be an integral part of expanding our donor network and fundraising efforts, with a strong emphasis on Salesforce database skills.
- Donor Stewardship: Manage the donor stewardship program to cultivate meaningful connections and strengthen donor relations.
- Strong Organizational Skills: Demonstrate excellent organizational skills to coordinate and schedule key donor and prospective donor meetings for the Executive Director and Volunteer Leadership.
- Inventory Management: Maintain development-related inventory such as brochures, stationary, and other promotional materials.
- Grant Writing Support: Provide support for grant writing by preparing backup materials and ensuring that updated programmatic language is accessible and utilized on various platforms.
- Donation Coordination: Coordinate and manage donations, ensuring timely and accurate gift analysis, entry procedures, and daily gift batch processing.
- Annual Mailings: Showcase your creativity by assisting in generating and sending annual mailings for the Winter appeal.
- Financial Reconciliation: Serve as the point of contact for Development & Finance monthly reconciliation.
- Online Engagement: Engage with our online community, managing social media accounts, including Meta, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Website Maintenance: Update website content, ensuring a fresh and appealing online presence.
- Strategic Collaboration: Collaborate with the Executive Director on requests and reporting, contributing to the organization’s strategic planning.
- Event Support: Support special events planning, logistics, and execution, creating memorable experiences for our supporters.
- Prospect Research: Conduct both proactive and reactive prospect research, helping to identify new opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit development/fundraising.
- Strong Salesforce database skills desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and solid project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; MailChimp; and LinkedIn.
- Team player, self-starter, and passionate about personal and professional growth.
- Availability to work occasional weeknight evenings/weekends
Join our passionate team and make a meaningful difference by helping to build a development program that will transform the lives of Essex County’s most vulnerable families.
- Monday–Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Salary: $50k – 60K
Job Order : DA01S